Search This Blog

Saturday 6 April 2013

Progression of double page spread!

Whilst I was creating my double page spread I created the 'background' first before adding any of the main text. I knew where I wanted the main body of text to go and where the main image would be so everything else I tried to place around it so it would all fit in together. I quickly realised that I didn't have anything down the left hand side of the page and as it is a pop magazine I needed to add something in there otherwise the page would look too boring and plain.

I came up with the idea to add a few statistics down the side. Although they are 'stat's' they're hardly complicated and if anything add to the idea of 'gossip' which was what I wanted. We did honestly take 277 pictures on the second photo shoot so I thought that would be interesting to the readers. It also would allow them to realise that we didn't get a perfect picture straight away and it isn't always the way.

Furthermore, whilst I was adding those stats down the left hand side I used it as a way to add slightly more colour to the page. By alternating the boxes it brings a bit more life into the double page spread. It also is consistent with the contents page and front cover and matches the colours used on there. 

Later on I then decided that I needed to change the colour of 'weeks' so by alternating that it all matched quite nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment